Whether you are experiencing hair loss or hair thinning or just want to grow your hair longer more quickly, there are foods that can help. A healthy diet can help your hair and your body in a plethora of ways.
Here is a list of some of the best foods you can eat for hair growth and why they are so great!
- Eggs contain protein and biotin, two things that really help your hair grow faster. Make sure you are getting enough protein in your diet and eating foods high in biotin or taking a biotin supplement.
- Spinach is a great vegetable that contains iron, folate, and Vitamins A and C. Especially if you are a vegetarian or vegan, you should be getting a daily intake of spinach for the health benefits.
- Berries such as blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc. They contain lots of vitamin C and antioxidants. Vitamin C can help the body produce collagen and absorb iron, two things that help your hair grow thicker and longer.
- Fatty fish like salmon or taking an omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acid supplement help promote hair growth. It also helps to prevent hair loss and thinning.
- Nuts and seeds. Nuts provide vitamin E and B vitamins, as well as zinc and fatty acids. If you are deficient in any of these vitamins, you could experience hair loss. Seeds also contain many of these vitamins as well as selenium.
- Long gone are the days when people thought fat was the worst thing to eat. Healthy fats, like those found in avocados, are actually great for you. They contain vitamins E and C as well that neutralize free radicals. Vitamin E also protects the scalp from damage, which can stop hair growth.
- Sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes contain beta-carotene which converts to vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is essential for good hair health.
- Meat and beans. Meat and beans are high in protein, which is essential for hair growth. Make sure you are eating protein every day, including turkey, chicken, shrimp and more.
- Sweet peppers. Peppers contain vitamin C and are often overlooked. Yellow peppers have much more vitamin C than even an orange! Another bonus is that vitamin C is great for your immune system.
- If you are looking for different foods to eat, oysters contain a lot of zinc. Zinc is a very important mineral that helps hair grow and repair itself. Just make sure you aren’t getting too much zinc, which can lead to hair loss. Getting the right balance is important!
- Adding turmeric with its main ingredient curcumin to your diet helps your hair as well. Try our KeraViatin Hair & Scalp Health Supplement to get your daily dose of curcumin.
Did you know that all of these foods can help your hair grow? If you enjoyed this article, please SHARE with your friends and family who could use these tips!
Health information from Healthline