Maintaining adequate nutrition is essential for the overall health of your body, and as a result, the health of your hair. Growing healthy hair requires a balanced diet that contains the necessary nutrients. Without absorbing enough nutrients, the body does not have the building blocks necessary to grow healthy hair. This balance of nutrient intake can be achieved either through diet alone or with added supplementation. For some, diet alone may not be enough to fully absorb all the nutrients necessary to maintain hair health for a variety of reasons. Supplementation of vitamins and nutrients may be useful for some either due to malabsorption issues due to dietary restrictions from allergies or intolerances or simply a busy schedule that does not afford enough time to remain consistent with a balanced diet. For those who want to add foods beneficial to hair health for a little nutrient boost through their diet, there are a handful of foods to add to your weekly grocery list. Below is a list of the best foods for promoting hair growth.
- Spinach- Spinach is a nutritional powerhouse that is often cited as a superfood due to the beneficial vitamins and essential nutrients found in it.
- Sweet potatoes- Sweet potatoes are high in vitamin A which can help encourage hair growth. This may also affect sebum production on the scalp which can be beneficial for hair health.
- Avocados- Avocados are rich in vitamin E which may help contribute to promoting hair growth. Not only does eating avocado have potential benefits for hair, but this superfood is also beneficial when applied topically to your hair due to its moisturizing properties. Using hair care products with avocado oil in them can hydrate hair and keep it well moisturized to reduce frizz.
- Seeds/nuts- Seeds and nuts are both rich in protein, vitamin E, vitamin B, and zinc as well as essential fatty acids which are all great for hair health. Not only are these bite-sized snacks beneficial for hair, but they are also easy to take on the go by themselves or added to smoothies in the form of a plant-based nut or seed milk or which makes them a great choice for those with busy schedules.
- Beans- Beans are rich in protein as well as biotin, zinc, and iron which have all been shown to be beneficial for promoting hair health and growth as well.
- Eggs- Eggs are high in protein and biotin which are both important nutrients for maintaining hair health as well as promoting growth.
- Salmon- Omega 3 fatty acids are a nutrient found in salmon which are beneficial for hair health.
- Oysters- Oysters are rich in zinc which is beneficial for growth as well as repair.
- Turmeric- The spice turmeric contains beneficial antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which can aid in promoting hair health and increased growth. Keranique offers a haircare supplement that contains curcumin which is an extracted condensed form of the most beneficial part of turmeric.
Nutrition is an important part of maintaining hair health. Keranique offers a variety of hair care products that can help you to maintain your hair while keeping it healthy and vibrant.
If you enjoyed this article please SHARE with your friends and family who may also want to know about the best foods for hair growth.
This article is not intended to treat any disease or offer a substitution for professional medical advice.