Thin hair can have many causes. Some people have thin hair their whole lives as a result of genetics, while others may develop thinning hair at different points in their life due to triggering events. Some may develop thin hair as a result of their diet or having trouble absorbing enough of certain nutrients which can lead to deficiencies. Stress can also impact hair growth as it has a halting effect on the follicles from producing more hair. Hormone changes can even induce hair thinning, including Dihydrotestosterone, which can shrink hair follicles leading to hair thinning.
Using improper products on hair that strip the hair or do not adequately nourish the hair can also lead to hair thinning due to it negatively impacting the health of the hair. Using the wrong tools on hair can also increase the risk of thinning since using harsh tools can lead to more hair being pulled out. There are many factors that can contribute to thinning hair and many ways to counteract it by avoiding the processes that often lead to hair loss. Here is a list of ways to reduce thinning hair and how to hide thinning hair you already have.
- Diet induced thinning hair can be treated with supplements to make up for potential deficiencies. Choosing the right supplement should depend on which vitamins and nutrients are best for improving hair health. Keranique’s Keraviatin Hair & Scalp Health Supplement contains vitamins and nutrients that are beneficial for hair health. This may help reduce hair thinning by giving your body the necessary nutrition to aid in your hair’s natural rebuilding cycles.
- Hormones can play a role in hair thinning when they are imbalanced. Taking supplements that block hormones that contribute to imbalance can help reduce hair thinning. Hormones such as dihydrotestosterone can contribute to hair thinning. Keranique’s Keraviatin Hair & Scalp Health Supplement hair care supplement contains curcumin which has been shown to stop dihydrotestosterone from forming by blocking the enzyme that converts testosterone into the hair loss hormone. This supplement also includes saw palmetto, which has also been shown to block the same enzyme. This supplement can help reduce hair thinning as a result of blocking this enzyme as well.
- Hair Care tools may contribute to thinning hair if they are too harsh and pull more hair out than would naturally occur. Opt for hair care tools that are gentle and lead to less breakage. Keranique’s Anti-breakage Brush & Detangling Comb set can help to lessen hair thinning that may have otherwise occurred with hair tools that are not as gentle.
- Hair care products can help reduce hair thinning by nourishing the scalp and topically blocking hormones that can contribute to hair loss. Keranique offers a Thicker Fuller Hair Deluxe System which can help add fullness to hair. This system includes five products that contribute to growing fuller, healthier hair. A Volumizing Keratin Conditioner is paired with the Scalp Stimulating Shampoo to maximize beneficial effects on hair which contribute to reducing potential thinning. The Lift & Repair Treatment Spray as well as two Follicle Boosting Serums are also included to contribute to scalp health, which is beneficial for hair growth and fullness. This kit is packed with hair products that can help usher your hair to its full potential.
- Reducing the appearance of thinning hair can be achieved with thickening styling products such as mousse. Keranique offers a Thickening & Texturizing Mousse that adds volume to hair while also creating a protective layer that helps prevent damage from thermal styling tools. This protection can help prevent hair from damage which can lead to breakage. By reducing hair damage and breakage, this can lessen potential hair thinning that could be caused by these factors.
Do you want to add volume to your thin hair? Keranique has a variety of products that can help reduce hair thinning. Many of our products have the option of being sold as a kit so that you get the full effect of the combined products working together to maximize your potential for success. Check out our kits page to see which combined system is right for your individual hair goals.
If you enjoyed this article please SHARE with your friends and family who may also want to know about how to add volume to thin hair.
This article is not intended to treat any disease or offer a substitution for professional medical advice.