When your hair is fragile, weak and breaking, it can be devastating. If your hair is fragile and weak, it might be falling out, or appear dry, damaged or brittle. It doesn’t matter how the damage was caused; you can turn things around with a little extra TLC. Generally, fragile and weak hair might be caused by genetics or hormones, too many chemical processes or hot styling tools, or a change in your environment.
What actually causes fragile and weak hair according to your hair’s structure? First, you must learn more about your hair’s structure. Your hair is made up of the root and the hair shaft. You can see the hair shaft and the outer part of it is called the cuticle. The cuticle acts as a shield. When the cuticle gets compromised from those external factors, it can lead to weak and fragile hair. This can also mean damage, frizz, and dryness.
If your hair is looking fragile, there are a few steps you can take to help repair your hair.
- Be extra gentle with your wet hair. Your hair gets damaged more easily when it is wet. Brush your hair before you get into the shower and wash your hair. When you get out of the shower, use a wide-toothed comb to gently get rid of the tangles. Instead of rubbing your hair with the towel, use a gentle microfiber towel or old T-shirt and gently squeeze out the water. If your hair is prone to tangles, use a conditioning spray or anti-tangle spray.
- Lay off the hot styling tools. Hot styling tools are enemy number one right now. Take a break. If you really need to use them, make sure that you use a heat protectant spray and use the tools sparingly. Also, switch to a lower heat setting as well.
- Incorporate more moisturizing hair care products into your routine. Switch to hydrating shampoos, conditioners, hair masks, and other products to help strengthen and moisturize your hair.
- While you are taking a break from hot styling tools, take a break from shampooing as well. Not forever, just try not to wash your hair as often. If your hair gets a little bit greasy, try a dry shampoo in between washes to give your hair a quick boost.
- Get a trim. The only way to fully get rid of split ends and weak hair is to cut it off. Getting a trim can help your hair’s health drastically. Your hairstylist can also give you more information on your specific hair’s health and how to fix your specific issues.
Is your hair fragile and weak? If your hair is very fragile and falling out, try our Keranique Hair Regrowth System. This system can help your hair grow back stronger and healthier.
If you enjoyed this article, please SHARE with your friends and family who are dealing with fragile and weak hair! Hopefully, these tips can help all of you!