Have you ever gotten a blowout at a salon and left feeling like a million bucks? Can you imagine if you could feel that way every day, by doing your hair yourself at home? It can be challenging, but once you have all of the right products and tips, you can practice until you perfect a blowout at home.
Here are some tips for getting the perfect blowout at home:
- Get all of the excess moisture out of your hair with a towel or an old t-shirt after you wash it. Simply squeeze your hair and use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair gently. Then gently blot your hair dry starting from your scalp and going all the way down to your ends. Towel turbans are also great ways to get extra water out of your hair easily.
- Next, you’ll want to use a prep spray that will protect against the heat of the hairdryer and any other hot tools you may want to use. When you get out your hair dryer, just use your fingers to get the rest of the water out. Then grab your brush and start to blow dry with your brush. Experts recommend boar bristle brushes or soft synthetic brushes.
- Decide if you want to dry it straight or if you want waves or curls. If you want straight locks, use a paddle brush. If you want wavy or curlier ends, use a round brush.
- Use the diffuser on your hair dryer to dry each section at a time. If you want a little more volume, flip your head over, then dry with the diffuser underneath your hair to create a lift. Finish with a shine spray.
- If you want your blowout to last a few days, make sure that you don’t use any elastics to pull your hair back. Use a scrunchie or bobby pins to pull your hair back if you need to.
Have you ever tried to blow out your hair at home or do you prefer to go to the salon? YouTube also has some great tutorials if you are more of a visual learner!
If you enjoyed this article, please SHARE with your friends and family who need help learning to perfect a blowout at home!