If you have dull, dry hair, you probably want to know how to regain that moisture and shine quickly. There are so many theories and methods out there on how to gain shine and get the hair you love.
You may have even heard about the old brush your hair 100 times before bed trick. Don’t waste your time! Brushing your hair that much will only make it oily and prone to breakage.
Effective ways to add shine to your hair quickly
- Use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of buildup and dirt. About once a week, you should use a clarifying shampoo (if you color your hair, make sure it is color-treated hair safe). This can help get rid of any gunk that makes your hair look dull.
- Be sure to always use conditioner after you shampoo and include a deep conditioning mask treatment occasionally. Moisturized hair is more likely to be shiny and healthy!
- Rinse with cold water. After you shampoo and condition your hair, finish with cold water. It helps to seal the hair cuticle which helps with shinier, healthy, hair. When blow drying your hair, finish with a blast of cool air for similar benefits.
- Use a shine spray or hair oil. These days there are tons of products that can help boost shine. Look for a shine spray, hair oil, or serum. If you are looking for something new, try our Marula Oil Hair Mist. It adds shine, reduces frizz, and helps your hair become thicker and more manageable all at once. Just remember, less is more when it comes to shine-enhancing products. If you use too much, your hair may appear greasy.
- Try a silk pillowcase. Some people swear by silk pillowcases for better skin and hair. It has been said that it can help smooth your hair and make it look shinier. While different hair types experience different results, what we do know is that it most definitely does not hurt or harm your hair.
- Use a new hairbrush. While you don’t have to brush your hair 100 times every evening, you should try a new brush. The best brushes for shinier hair are boar bristle brushes. Round brushes are also ideal for blowouts to get a shiny finish.
- If you head to the salon, ask your hair stylist for a clear gloss treatment. It will help seal in your hair color if you have any and give you instant shine. It may also help reduce frizz and flyways.
What products do you use for shinier hair? Do you wish your hair was shinier on a regular basis? If you found this article informative, please SHARE with your friends and family who wish they had shiny hair!