If you suffer from thinning hair or you are losing your hair, your diet could actually be to blame. First, you should see your doctor to rule out any health conditions that could be causing your hair to fall out or thin. Your doctor can also help you find the gaps in your diet and determine which vitamins you may be lacking. For the purpose of this article, let’s go through some of the foods that can help you get thicker hair.
Food To Help You Get Thicker Hair
- Mango. Mango is a fruit that contains silica, vitamins A, C, and B6, and folate. All of these vitamins and minerals help to strengthen your hair and help it grow. You only need a few slices of mango to get all of the benefits. If mango isn’t on your list of favorite fruits, berries also contain lots of vitamin C, which helps protect from damage.
- Eggs. Eggs are a great source of protein and they also contain collagen. Protein and collagen work together to help keep your hair strands strong. Eggs also contain hair-boosting nutrients like lutein and zinc.
- Soy beans. Soybeans or other soy products like tofu, contain ingredients that help form the hormone dihydrotestosterone. Lack of this hormone can result in hair loss. Soy products also contain iron, magnesium, vitamin B2, and omega-3 fatty acids which are pertinent for not only our hair’s health, but overall health.
- Flaxseeds and pumpkin seeds. Flaxseeds are high in omega-3 while pumpkin seeds are high in zinc. Both nourish hair and prevent it from breaking and becoming weak and thin. You can easily sprinkle flaxseeds or pumpkin seeds on a salad or smoothie.
- Speaking of salads, leafy greens are essential for good health and good hair. They promote keratin, which helps give you strong and healthy hair.
- Figs. Figs contain a lot of iron, which is essential for hair growth. They also contain potassium, magnesium, and vitamins A and E, which help give you shiny locks.
- Avocado. Avocados contain a lot of vitamin E which helps improve circulation to the scalp. In addition, you can give yourself a scalp massage which will improve circulation even more and promote hair growth.
- If you find it difficult to get the nutrients your hair needs from food, try a supplement. Our KeraViatin Supplement contains Vitamins B1, B2, B6, B12, Zinc, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Selenium, Curcumin, and more. All of these vital nutrients work together to give you a healthier scalp and promotes hair growth.
What foods do you include in your diet for healthier hair? Do you take a supplement? If you enjoyed this article, please SHARE with your friends and family who are looking to increase their hair’s thickness or length!