October 5th marks National Do Something Nice Day. It is a great reminder to do something nice for someone else AND yourself! Here are some ideas to help you decide how you want to celebrate this day.
- Pay for someone else’s coffee. Whether you bring a friend a coffee or tea or pay for the person behind you in the drive-thru line, it is something nice that will stick with them all day! This could work for meals too.
- Get your hair done. Be honest, when is the last time you pampered yourself? Go all out today and be nice to yourself! Treat yourself to a new beauty treatment, haircut or color, or new hair care products. If hair care isn’t necessary right now, get a massage or a facial.
- Do some yoga. Head to an outdoor yoga class or practice with your family. It is a great way to relieve stress and it will put you in a mood to do even more nice things for yourself and others.
- Give someone a compliment. When you’re out and about, be sure to compliment everyone you see! It could be telling the checkout cashier that you like their hair or telling your mom how much you appreciate her.
- Give someone a call or check-in. Sometimes the nicest thing you can do is be there for someone. Is there a friend or family member you haven’t talked to in a while? Give them a call or shoot them a text to see how they are doing.
- Treat yourself to your favorite indulgent dessert or something you rarely have. Purchase something you’ve wanted for a long time. Today is a day to be kind to yourself too!
- Donate. Pick a cause that is near and dear to your heart and donate your time or money. It is a nice way to give back. Chances are you’ll feel so great for helping out that you will reap the mental health benefits as well.
- Tip extra well. If you decide to get your hair done, get a massage, go out to eat, or get your nails done, be sure to tip extra today. It will likely make their day!
- If you want to treat yourself to some new hair care products, use the promo code NICE35 for a discount sitewide! Use it on any Keranique products here.
(Note: This Offer Expires on October 7th, 2020 at 11:59pm ET)
Have you ever heard of or celebrated Do Something Nice Day? Be sure to celebrate and comment below what you ended up doing for yourself and others! If you enjoyed this article, please SHARE with your friends and family to spread the word!