It can be difficult to notice more and more hair falling out. For many women, this is more common as you age. Of course, you should check with your doctor to make sure your hair loss is not caused by a medical condition. If your hair loss is simply genetic or temporary, here are some ways to reduce your hair loss.
Ways To Reduce Hair Loss In Older Women
- Avoid tight hairstyles. If you regularly wear your hair in tight braids or a tight ponytail or bun, let it loose! Tight hairstyles can not only cause headaches, they can cause your hair to fall out. If you do need to put your hair up, use an elastic without metal or a soft scrunchie.
- Leave your hair alone for a while. Give your hair a rest by avoiding hair dye, chemical processing, and hot tools for a little bit. Your hair may be very damaged and it could be falling out because of that. Try to avoid any stress on your hair by letting it air dry for a while.
- Clean up your diet. Your diet can be reflected in your hair. Choose foods high in protein, iron, zinc and vitamin B12 to help increase your hair’s health. Be sure to drink lots of water too to keep your body hydrated and your hair moisturized.
- Reduce your stress levels. Stress can be a leading cause of hair loss. If you are noticing your stress levels have been high for some time, talk to a therapist and/or work on calming yourself. Try setting aside time each day for self-care and reflection. Add more things you enjoy doing to your weekly routine or say no to stressful commitments if you can.
- Try a hair mask. If your hair loss could be affected by dry, damaged hair, try a moisturizing hair mask. There are plenty on the market, like our Keranique Micro-Exfoliating Follicle Revitalizing Hair Mask, or you could make your own with ingredients found in your kitchen and pantry. Just search Pinterest or YouTube for tips.
- Lastly, you can try our Keranique Hair Regrowth System. It contains all of the products you need in an easy system to help reduce hair loss and get your gorgeous locks back!
Are you experiencing hair loss as you get older? If you enjoyed this article, be sure to SHARE with your friends and family who are also experiencing hair loss or worried about it in the future!