While hair products can help prevent and treat hair loss, what you put into your body is important as well. First, you should speak to a doctor to determine the cause of your hair loss. It could be caused by a medical condition or a vitamin deficiency. Meanwhile, you should focus on eating healthier to prevent hair loss. These foods are all shown to help:
- Eat carrots, dark green leafy vegetables, eggs, and red, yellow, and orange fruits. All of these are high in vitamin A which helps promote growth of cells and tissues. This includes your hair.
- Eat leafy vegetables like spinach, avocado, broccoli, beets, chicken, fish, eggs, and soybeans. These contain vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and folic acid which help carry oxygen to parts of your body including your hair. A lack of B vitamins is one of the leading causes of hair loss in terms of vitamin deficiencies.
- Be sure to eat enough oranges, berries, peppers, tomatoes, and melons. These contain vitamin C which produces collagen. Collagen holds tissue together, which helps increase the elasticity in your skin and your hair.
- Be sure to eat a lot of foods high in protein, like meat, soy, eggs, almonds, cheese, yogurt, and more. Your hair is made from protein so a lack of protein can cause your hair to fall out. Just stick to leaner, healthier proteins such as chicken.
- Eat eggs, seafood, chicken, oysters, shrimp, nuts, and seeds for zinc. Zinc helps your cells and tissues grow and repair.
- Lastly, be sure to stay hydrated. Drink lots of water to keep your cells functioning properly.
A healthy diet can only help you look and feel your best. If you are not getting enough vitamins and minerals in your diet, look into taking a multi-vitamin or supplement. Your doctor can help determine which vitamins your body and hair may be lacking and prescribe a supplement.
If you’re looking for a supplement, try our KeraViatin Hair & Scalp Health Supplement for all of the vital nutrients you need to increase your hair’s health and prevent hair loss.
If you enjoyed this article, please SHARE with your friends and family who could benefit from this information!