Among all the incredible health benefits of essential oils, one of their little-known benefits is that they can reportedly help with your hair growth. Here are the best essential oils to pick up for hair growth and why.
For all of these essential oils, you should mix them with a carrier oil such as coconut oil. Generally, you mix one to two drops of an essential oil with three tablespoons of a carrier oil. Then you apply directly to your scalp. Leave it in for about 10 minutes and then wash out with shampoo and conditioner. You may want to do a small test with the mixture to make sure it won’t irritate your scalp before you put it all over your head.
Here are the best essential oils to try for hair growth:
- Lavender essential oil. Lavender reduces stress which can stop hair’s growth. It also helps the growth of cells and has antibacterial properties, which can help your scalp’s health.
- Peppermint essential oil. Peppermint increases circulation which can promote hair’s growth. You may feel a tingly sensation.
- Rosemary essential oil. Rosemary is said to help improve hair thickness and hair growth because it helps cellular generation. It can also help if your scalp is itchy.
- Cedarwood essential oil. Cedarwood is said to balance the oil-producing glands in your scalp, which can help promote hair growth. It also helps dandruff. Thyme is another similar essential oil to use if you can’t find cedarwood.
- Lemongrass essential oil. Lemongrass is also a great dandruff treatment. Dandruff and an unhealthy scalp can stop your hair’s growth. It is best to use this one every day until you start seeing results.
- Clary sage essential oil. It can improve hair strength and make it less able to break.
- Tea tree essential oil. Tea tree oil has antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. It can help increase hair growth by unplugging hair follicles.
- Ylang-ylang essential oil. It is best for those with dry hair because it helps improve oil production, which can help your hair grow. Those with oily scalps may want to skip this one.
Which essential oils are your favorites? Did you know that essential oils can help your hair grow? If you enjoyed this article, please SHARE with your friends and family!
Information from Healthline