If your hair is starting to thin or you’ve always had thin and limp strands, perhaps you want to finally learn how to get thicker hair. Thicker hair is possible, even for those with the finest of hair. You may just have to test out a few different methods and find out which one works best for you.
Here are some tips on how to get thicker hair:
- Use a thickening shampoo and conditioner consistently. Thickening shampoo and conditioners work by plumping each strand of hair. They are generally protein-based shampoos because protein helps to attract more moisture. When your hair is more moisturized, it can appear and feel thicker as well. A consistent process can help thicken your hair quickly. Try our Keranique Thicker Fuller Hair Kit, which contains a thickening shampoo, conditioner, two different serums, and a lift and repair treatment spray.
- If you have thin hair, a shorter haircut may make your hair appear thicker. Try a short to medium length haircut. If you have very fine hair, it can appear stringy or weighed down when it is very long.
- Tease your hair. While teasing your hair was very popular back in the ‘80s, a little bit of teasing can go a long way. Gently tease at your roots with a teasing brush or a new toothbrush to give your hair a little more volume.
- Get some highlights. The right highlights can make your hair appear thicker. Ask your hairstylist for advice on the best highlights for your skin tone. Mention that you’d like your hair to appear thicker as well.
- Start taking supplements. Healthy hair begins with a healthy diet. If you aren’t able to get enough nutrients in your diet, ask your doctor what vitamins you may need to get thicker, fuller hair. Try our Keraviatin supplement that contains vitamins that will help your hair grow thicker.
- Use a ceramic brush. When you blow dry your hair or style it, try using a ceramic brush. It can help to create volume and reduce frizzy hair.
- Use dry shampoo to create volume. If you run out of hairspray, don’t fret. Dry shampoo can also give you that volume that you crave. Some dry shampoos are even made with thickening agents.
- Try extensions. If nothing seems to be working, extensions can help create volume and thickness in your hair. There are so many different extensions out there for every budget and many of them are made with real hair.
- Keep your hair healthy. If your hair isn’t healthy, then it won’t grow and it won’t get thicker. Make sure you are hydrated, eating a healthy diet, getting regular haircuts, staying out of the sun, and avoiding things that damage your hair. If your hair is very damaged, try a deep moisturizing treatment and avoid hot tools for a while.
- Your best bet is our Keranique Hair Regrowth System if you are struggling to regrow your hair. The highly rated system contains everything you need to regrow your hair at its thickest ever.
Do you wish you had thicker hair? What is the first thing you will try on this list?
If you found this article informative, please SHARE with your friends and family who are always wishing for thicker hair!