If your diet is unhealthy, your hair won’t be as amazing as it could be. If you want your hair to grow extremely fast, look healthy and shiny, and be strong and resistant to damage, you need to incorporate these nutrients in your daily diet with these supermodel secrets:
- Biotin. You’ve probably heard of this vitamin regarding healthy hair growth. If you don’t get enough biotin, it can cause your hair to fall out. You can get biotin from whole grains, soy flour, and eggs. You can also take this in supplement form.
- Iron. If you become low on iron, you might develop anemia, which can result in stunted hair growth and even hair loss. Iron helps your blood and provides your scalp with the blood flow it needs for healthy follicles. You can get iron from lean red meat, fish, poultry, kale, broccoli, and spinach. If you don’t eat these foods regularly, you might want to add a supplement to your routine. Adding more vitamin C in your diet can also help the body absorb more iron as well. This is especially helpful if you are a vegetarian or vegan.
- Omega-3 fatty acids. This is an important nutrient for a healthy scalp and for producing oils that moisturize your hair and scalp. The body actually cannot make omega-3 on its own so you need to get enough from food and/or supplements. You can get omega-3 from avocados, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, salmon, trout, anchovies, and mackerel. If you don’t like fish, you might want to start taking omega-3 supplements daily.
- Protein. Aim to get 46 grams of protein daily to ensure healthy body function and amazing looking hair! If you don’t get enough protein, your body will obviously protect your most important bodily functions first. That means your hair won’t be getting any protein at all and may become dry, weak and brittle. You can get protein from beans, fish, poultry, lean meats, quinoa and now there are many protein powders and bars out there if you need a little boost.
- Curcumin. Found within the turmeric root, Curcumin has long been used in traditional Chinese and Ayurvedic medicines. Curcumin fights chronic inflammation and oxidative stress. Curcumin is one of natures most potent antioxidants. This more pure part of the turmeric plant works to combat oxidative stress which can lead to hair loss.
- Vitamin A. Vitamin A helps your scalp produce oil to keep your hair moisturized and less dry and itchy. You can get vitamin A from carrots, sweet potatoes, cooked kale, collard greens, cantaloupe, and butternut squash.
- Vitamin E. Vitamin E is a must for a healthy scalp. It improves circulation and protects your hair from damage from the sun. You can get vitamin E from tropical fruits, spinach, mustard greens, Swiss chard, broccoli, and almonds.