Everyone wants shiny hair. It doesn’t matter what hair type you have, you can achieve shiny, glistening locks. It just takes some TLC and maybe a few new products.
Here are some ways to get shiny hair:
- Rinse with cold water. While cold water might not feel the best in the shower, it can really help cleanse your hair and make it super shiny. It seals and smooths the hair cuticle, which adds shine. Once you’re done shampooing and conditioning your hair, rinse with a bit of cold water before you jump out.
- Limit your use of hot tools. Dry, damaged hair does not look shiny. Don’t blow dry your hair and straighten or curl it every day. This will make it damaged and unable to look shiny even with shine spray. If you do use hot tools, make sure to use heat protective spray.
- Try a gloss treatment or shine spray. At your next hair appointment, ask for a gloss treatment. It is basically a clear gloss that will seal in your color and give you the ultimate shine. Shine sprays are also great for a little spritz after you style your hair. Just make sure not to use too much and don’t spray at your scalp or your hair may become oily.
- Try an oil treatment. It can help repair damaged and dry hair and give it that shine.
- Take omega supplements. Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are great for strong and healthy hair. This will ensure your hair stays shiny and strong.
- Try a clarifying shampoo. If you regularly have buildup on your scalp, using a clarifying shampoo about once a month can help clear out that buildup and shine up your hair.
- Try an apple cider vinegar rinse. Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with one cup of water. After you wash your hair, rinse your hair with the mixture. It is basically a natural clarifying shampoo.
- Brush your hair. You don’t really need to brush your hair 100 times per day, but daily brushing will help to pull natural oils from your scalp down to the rest of your hair, which will make it shinier.
Do you always wish for shiny hair? What is your favorite way to get shiny hair?
If you enjoyed this article, please SHARE with your friends and family who want shiny hair!
This article is not intended to treat any disease or offer a substitution for professional medical advice.