If your hair is consistently dry or has just recently become badly damaged, you will have to switch up your hair care routine and hair style. You want your hair to appear as healthy and moisturized as possible. Here are some of the best hairstyles for dry, damaged hair.
But first, do what you can to get your hair healthy again. Choose a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and only wash a few times a week. Try a moisturizing mask or hot oil treatment once a week if you can. Avoid hot styling tools for a while, while you get your hair back to its healthiest style.
- Try a sweeping pony tail. Put your hair in a ponytail, either up or down, and then gently push the top forward. It will create body and volume and hide any damage. After you add the elastic band, take one piece out and twist it around to hide the elastic band for a more elegant look. Just be careful not to pull on your pony tail or tighten it too much or you could damage your hair even further.
- Look elegant and hide your damage with a sleek bun. Pull your hair into a low ponytail, then wrap your ponytail around to form a low bun. Secure with bobby pins. Bonus points: add accessories to dress it up.
- Do some messy braids. Braids can easily hide damage and look cute! Just make the braids messy so your hair isn’t further damaged by the tight braid.
- Go for an urban updo. Section out your front pieces and clip them aside for now. Twist your remaining hair into a bun and secure with bobby pins. Take the front pieces and move them gently towards the back of the bun and pin them.
- If your hair is very damaged, you might want to give it a break and just leave it down and let it air dry to your natural texture. If you do blow dry, be sure to use a heat protectant spray first.
These styles can all be finished with a light hairspray or shine spray. Just avoid using any hot tools for the time being or too much heavy product. It will only keep your hair damaged and dry for a longer period of time.
Is your hair damaged or dry? What hairstyles do you regularly wear to hide the damage and keep your hair healthy? Share with us!